With the goal of advancing geographic information systems (GIS) via the internet across a broad range of business fields, we launched our Cloud ASP service “MiSol” as a business-focused GIS in February 2002. Since then, we have worked to upgrade, grow, and develop MiSol services.
Since our founding, we have devoted our efforts primarily on fields with the greatest need for area marketing analysis through business GIS. The medical field has been a particular focus; in our second year, we began a medical treatment zone analysis service. We continue to improve and upgrade application and data every year, and our services have now been implemented across a wide variety of fields and industries from medical consulting firms, accounting offices, pharmaceutical distributors, dispensing pharmacies, financial institutions, medical instrument distributors, housing companies, drugstores, and leasing companies. Furthermore, in the fields of nursing care and welfare for disabled persons, implementation of nursing care provision zone and welfare area analysis is progressing.
Not limited to the medical, nursing, and welfare fields, MiSol area marketing services have are also being employed as a powerful strategic tool to support corporate management in the food service, education, and retail fields, along with other industries involving expansion of physical stores.
We ask for your continued support and guidance now and in the future.
Yasuto YAMASHITA, President and CEO
- 1946Born in Sasebo City, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan
- 1969Graduated from Electorinics & Physics Engineering Department,
Tokyo Institute of Technology
- 1969Entered Fujitsu Co.,Ltd
- 1971Joined Mitsui & Company Ltd (MBK)
- 1974Entered Mitsui Engineering & Ship building Co.,Ltd (MES)
- 1983Got project of international tender of Kuwait Municipality by consortium of MES, MBK and Asia Air Survey.
Project: Construct integrated GIS system managing location of underground utility networks, cadaster and topographic data by ground survey and aerial survey.
- 1986Transferred jobs to Mitsui Zosen Systems Research Co.,Ltd (MSR)
- 1986-1992Conducted to develop U-DAMS GIS system and deliver U-DAMS System for NTT and JR East.
- 1992MSR made contract with MapInfo Corporation ,USA for MapInfo Sole Distributor in Japan. Yamashita discovered and established Business GIS market in Japan as Director of MapInfo Division in MSR.
- 2001Started GIS ASP services as trial.
- 2002Established Map Solutions Corporation and strated MiSol ASP